National Federation of High Schools (NFHS) Rules will be enforced. This includes:
- Referees keep time on the field – (20 minute running halves for summer games, 30-35 minute running games possible for Spring and Fall Tournaments. Winter may vary)
- No timeouts
- During an injury timeout the clock runs. Refs may use discretion to stop clock for
prolonged injury timeouts but not to interfere with following game.
- Refs may start/end halves early to keep games on schedule, as long as both
coaches are made aware.
- Stalling rules are in effect during the last two minutes of the game. The winning
team must keep the ball in the attack area (box).
YOUTH DIVISION (3-4th grade)
- NO COUNTS (Except Goalie 4 seconds) or “IN & OUT” except for the last 2 minutes when COUNTS
(10 & 20 second) and “IN & OUT” (refers to the need for team that is up to keep it in
the box) will be in effect for the winning team.
- Grade 2 – 4: 6 goal mercy rule, except in playoffs.
- Running time kept by field marshals
- Unsportsmanlike penalties time is doubled.
- A player or coach ejected by the Field Marshal or referee is not permitted to play in
the next game and based on the determination of the referee(s) and/or Tournament
Directors can be asked to leave the event.
- Referees will keep score at every game. Field Marshal’s will also keep score.
- At the conclusion of the game, the head coaches from both teams are to sign the
scorecard at the Field Marshal table confirming the score.
- Win = 2 pts
- Tie = 1 pt
- Loss = 0 pts
In the situation where a team plays an additional game in order to give another team the prequalifying number of games – the last game will not count towards the seeding for that game. For example. With odd number of divisions, a team that plays 4 games opposed to 3 games prior to play offs – the 4th game will not count towards the seeding.
For tournament standings, the following sequence will determine tie breaker:
- Most Wins
- Goals Allowed – Least Goals Allowed
- Goals Scored – Most Goals Scored.
- Coin Toss – or as agreed by team coaches and tournament director
If there is a tie in a championship game , then a 5 minute sudden death overtime is used
Championship will play until a winner
- Rosters are set for each tournament.
- Teams may not move or transfer players between teams within or outside the club
regardless of eligibility.
- Once a player has been assigned and accepted for a particular team, that player
may only participate on that team at that specific tournament.
Player(s) may be disqualified for any of the following violations:
- Player not listed on the teams tourney roster
- Player participating on more than one team
- New players not listed on the teams roster
- Player participating that is too old for division
Disputes of any nature are settled by the Tournament Directors and are final.
RULES GOVERNING PLAYER/TEAM ELIGIBILITY
Only currently registered players on riclassic.com, for the specific tournament and who agree to the “Release and Waiver of Liability, Assumption of Risk, and Indemnity and Parental Consent AGREEMENT,” may participate in tournament games. riclassic.com will notify a coach (or parent of a Free Agent player) if a player did not agree to the “Release and Waiver of Liability, Assumption of Risk, and Indemnity and Parental Consent AGREEMENT.”
- No team will receive a refund.
In the event of adverse weather or unplayable field conditions, the tournament director reserves the right to:
- Reduce game times in order to catch up with scheduleFinish games before inclement weather
- Finish games before inclement weather arrives, or to preserve field conditionsReschedule games, if possible
- Reschedule games, if possibleConvert tournament to a festival format without playoffs or championships to
- Convert tournament to a festival format without playoffs or championships to
provide the majority of teams the opportunity to play as many games as possible.
Every attempt will be made to update cancellations on the website. However, weather conditions can change rapidly and all teams should be prepared to play as soon as weather and fields are playable.
The directors of RI CLASSIC reserve the right to cancel, shorten, or reschedule tournament games due to inclement weather, poor field conditions, or player and fan safety concerns. No refunds will be granted if these actions are necessary. Field directors will communicate game changes. Schedule changes will be available at the field tent and online at www.rilaxclassic.com
If thunder or lightning is observed, the tournament director and medical staff will suspend play immediately and players and fans will be asked to leave the fields. Play will be allowed to resume 30 minutes after the last sound of thunder or sighting of lightning is observed which will be determined by the tournament director and medical staff. Every attempt will be made to begin subsequent games on time. Subsequent games will begin immediately after preceding games. These games may consist of one 30 minute running time period until games are back on schedule. Once games are back on schedule they will revert to “normal” tournament game time procedures.